If you use Internet Explorer
Download this. Ad Killer This will kill the pop up's so you don't get annoyed by them. Once you have it there is no problem.
Printable View
If you use Internet Explorer
Download this. Ad Killer This will kill the pop up's so you don't get annoyed by them. Once you have it there is no problem.
I did, it worked for 2 days, not even, and then asked me to register and pay. I'm at work so......
It has never asked me to pay. I use it constantly! It works great.
ProBoard is run by a company, Hostboard is privatly owned by me. ProBoard I am sure has vastly more resources being a company since they generate a revenue where Hostboard is supported by my back pocket.
I decided against pop-ups for many reasons although they do pay well. Not everyone has a pop up killer software installed and many companies will not allow software like that to be installed on their machines.
Hostboard is still in its infancy with many more enhancements to come across the board. I am happy that at times we get compared to systems like EZBoard or ProBoard as it shows me that we are moving in the right direction.
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] exactly!!
OMG OMG OMG....Drama on this board...*G*
btw...If you go to Mc.Donalds and approach their customers...and tell them to go to Burger King because its "better"..Chances are you're gonna be asked to leave.... [img]wink.gif[/img]
This site went through some down time..and from what I read it was a bitch to get it up and running again....It was probably an accomplishment of sorts.....I would have defended it too....
Such is life....I like to see a little drama here now and then though... [img]wink.gif[/img]
BTW Rev...I have a Tinker Toy too.. [img]wink.gif[/img]
Yep, there was ALOT of down time unfortunatly in the begining and quite a few hickups along the way. Mostly due to hardware and software compatability issues (Promise Technologies + Linux = very very bad). This year saw a massive server upgrade (Compaq) which was countered with some defective hardware but Compaq stepped up to the plate and replaced everything from the ground up and we have had no issues on that level. Now it is finishing up some of the few features of Hostboard that are not working and then slowly adding features and enhancements.
Again Hostboard a year ago was good, I think we have made improvements but have along way to go.
And I think the majority of us are very glad to be here.. [img]smile.gif[/img] ..anytime you try something new there are bugs to work out..I am proud of HB..and proud to be part of it..Everyone has an opinion on what they think is better or greater..but in the end its what makes you happy right?..so to each there own! I for one love the things HB has..i'm comfortable with it and its easy to use..and that right there says alot..user friendly..geez if it gets more complicated i'd have to throw in the towel.. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]
Heidi..you said it exactly how i wanted to put it..whew..and just didnt cuz of my "no controversy rule"..*LOL..actually its not really causing controversay cuz its the truth..I love wiz to death and he knows it..but still not quite well done to be downing one place and hypin another..espically when you have been treated so well in that place..I dont think he did it out of spite tho..but anyhow..
I have to say..if i have ever asked for anything on HB it was done as quickly as possible and if it wasnt..we were well informed as to why..I think steven and admin has a good rapport with everyone here and that makes the down times and the bugs easier to deal with..and on top of it all for steven to foot the bill for my fun..makes him pretty darn cool in my book.. [img]wink.gif[/img] wow...its like dating a guy that always pays..hehe..or makes it worth it in other ways..*Evil lil grin*
I have Tinker Toys.